- Every believer is charged to make Israel and the Jewish people a priority in their value system—and to render Thanksgiving to God’s work via the Jewish people. Because God has.
- By remembering God’s covenant with Abraham. “I will bless those that bless you and I will curse him that curses you; and in you (Israel-Abraham’s seed) all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
- God chose Israel for His purpose—to bring Christ to the world through Jewish lineage – Romans 9:4
- The greatest gift—the wonder of the gift of Jesus to mankind—were given through the Jews—and Jesus came Himself as a Jew. Jesus said to the woman of Samaria, “Salvation is of the Jews” John 4:19-22.
Scripture speaks to us very clearly that with our understanding of the Jewish people, we are dealing with the very roots of everything that has to do with the revelation of God to mankind.
- The very proof of this is in their very existence of the Jews as a people and that fact that they have been recovered as a nation.
- Today the struggle over Jerusalem, over Israel’s borders, and over the very existence of the Jews and their right to have a land—the struggle is much more than against the “flesh and blood” face of Islamic terror or Palestinian suicide bombings. The forces opposed to Israel are not simply those people who don’t like Jews. We are caught in the ongoing battle of spiritual forces—forces that cannot be overthrown politically, by forced division of Israel’s land, or by the power of any might in the natural. These forces can only be broken by intercessory prayer where principalities and powers—the rulers of darkness in high places—are cast down (Ephesians 6:12). Christians must be informed, strong in the power of prayer, believing in the transforming ability of God, dressed in the whole armor of God. And standing as “watchmen on the wall” in defense of Israel. Because God calls us to this mission to defend what is His.
- And remember—the things that God has said in His word uniquely about Israel, through the long lineage of Old Testament prophets over thousands of years…He has never rescinded. The mandate to honor His heart –to love, honor and protect Israel has now fallen to this—our generation of believers.