- GOD has commanded “watchmen on the wall” for Zion’s sake.
- Christians owe a debt of gratitude to Israel and the Jewish people.
- We stand for common values against common enemies.
- Israel is God’s land—uniquely, prophetically, and repeatedly in the Bible He tells us of Israel, “This Is Mine.” God refers to Israel as He does to no other land on earth. Israel was raised up to be a light to the Gentiles.
- Every believer is charged to make Israel and the Jewish people a priority in their value system—and to render Thanksgiving to God’s work via the Jewish people. Because God has.
- By remembering God’s covenant with Abraham. “I will bless those that bless you and I will curse him that curses you; and in you (Israel-Abraham’s seed) all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
- God chose Israel for His purpose—to bring Christ to the world through Jewish lineage – Romans 9:4
- The greatest gift—the wonder of the gift of Jesus to mankind—were given through the Jews—and Jesus came Himself as a Jew. Jesus said to the woman of Samaria, “Salvation is of the Jews” John 4:19-22.
Scripture speaks to us very clearly that with our understanding of the Jewish people, we are dealing with the very roots of everything that has to do with the revelation of God to mankind.
- The very proof of this is in their very existence of the Jews as a people and that fact that they have been recovered as a nation.
- Today the struggle over Jerusalem, over Israel’s borders, and over the very existence of the Jews and their right to have a land—the struggle is much more than against the “flesh and blood” face of Islamic terror or Palestinian suicide bombings. The forces opposed to Israel are not simply those people who don’t like Jews. We are caught in the ongoing battle of spiritual forces—forces that cannot be overthrown politically, by forced division of Israel’s land, or by the power of any might in the natural. These forces can only be broken by intercessory prayer where principalities and powers—the rulers of darkness in high places—are cast down (Ephesians 6:12). Christians must be informed, strong in the power of prayer, believing in the transforming ability of God, dressed in the whole armor of God. And standing as “watchmen on the wall” in defense of Israel. Because God calls us to this mission to defend what is His.
- And remember—the things that God has said in His word uniquely about Israel, through the long lineage of Old Testament prophets over thousands of years…He has never rescinded. The mandate to honor His heart –to love, honor and protect Israel has now fallen to this—our generation of believers.
German Lutheran pastor Martin Niemoller (1892-1984) wrote about the cowardice of German intellectuals following the Nazis’ rise to power and the subsequent purging of their chosen targets, group after group. Among those targets in what became known as “The Holocaust” were the Jews—God’s own Chosen People. More than 6 million died…why? In great part because the army of Christians of that generation were silent.
They came for the Socialists and I did not speak out—because I was not a Socialist:
Then they came for the Trade Unionists—and I did not speak out—because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews—and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me’
- The same spiritual animosities warring against Israel are equally opposed to Christians and Jews and are bent on bringing persecution—and death—to both.
- A generation has arisen that denies the very existence of the Holocaust and the same vile seeds from which it grew only a generation ago have taken root all over the world .
- Scripture tells us in Revelation 11 that two witnesses will be put to death in Jerusalem at the very end of the age—these two witnesses who have stood for God through history are the Jews and the Christians.
- The hostilities seen boiling in the Middle East—and globally—are targeted at both Jews and Christians because there is a spiritual warfare in the world that is against God—a war that we must be armed and ready to defend Israel and our Christian values against.
We have a mandate - A biblical assignment and a divine calling:
- Stand in faith for Israel.
- Intercede with expectancy.
- Support with belief in God’s promise of reward for your faithfulness.
- Equip yourself with reliable information on what’s happening in the world in relation to Israel and pray for God’s wisdom on how best to agree with other believers to honor the call of God in Psalm 122:6 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.”
- Pray that our nation—and Godly believers in every nation of the world—will pray in light of the promise of Genesis 12:1-3: “I will bless those that bless you…”
- Take action to let your voice be heard for Israel. In the workplace, the school, the marketplace—in every forum that involves the benefit of the peace of Jerusalem, and the honor God commands us to give Israel—let your voice of support be heard.
- Support leaders who support Israel. Your vote—and voice—must be counted!
- Pray daily for Israel, the peace of Jerusalem and the Jewish people - join other believers in agreement that God will hear from heaven—and thank Him for the knowledge that He will honor His promises towards Israel and those that love her.
Support the Work of PJTN
You donation to PJTN makes everything we do possible.